Wednesday, August 27, 2008

27th

To be honest, I don't feel like writing right now. However, people keep on pressing me about doing so, so I am. And that's the honest truth.
I guess some time has passed since I last wrote. For example, I went to Krakow Monday. The pictures are at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007139&l=7c175&id=1193123204
I upload my pcitures to facebook because it doesn't take as long. When I upload them to flickr it uploads in the best quality and probably triples the time at least.
Krakow is the most beautiful city I've ever seen. It really doesn't seem like the city I've seen in pictures. It doesn't even look like the city in my pictures. I guess the sounds, smells, and movement contribute a lot. It is smells wonderful.
I hate public transportation here though. It seems somewhat just thrown together and loosely organized. I dread that I have to deal with it every single school day for the next 10 months. I'd rather ride a bike or walk. There are several types of buses and they stop at only certian bus stops and you have to push buttons to get it to stop on some buses and it stops on it's own on others. Some you buy all day tickets for, some you pay when you get on, some you buy single ride tickets for. Some are really just vans with rails on their ceilings. When the van is full, the small aisle is packed with standing people. You're constantly pressed up against other people on sharp turns and I've been hit in the face by a purse several times.
I do have September to look foward to. from the 1st - 14th I'll be in northern Poland (Lublin and Torun) at a camp with other exchangers. Not only will I improve my Polish drastically, but I can finally meet people in my age range.
The language is hard. It is not Latin based so it doesn't come naturally. I find myself picking out words that sound smilar to German then realizing I'm not supposed to be listening for German. I think I am going to take German in school by the way. That should be a near impossible class. Learning a foreign language in a foreign language.
So, that's pretty much all I have to say at this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HANNAH!!!


I MISS YOU!

HOW IS POLAND?!
ARKJEIRIOAERJ


:)

Unknown said...

by the way this is brittany washburn.
i should probably state that.