Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Eeelectronically Complete

Along with buying a travel-size hairdryer and electric conversion kit for the exchange, I have also purchased a camera and laptop.

At Outbound Camp, the topic of whether bringing a laptop was good or not was debated, however, the past exchangers told us they recommended it, as the good outweighed the bad.

For my camera, I chose a compact Canon Powershot SD1000 which has proven to take excellent pictures so far. It also has an impressive battery life.

For the laptop, I chose an EEEpc 900 with preloaded Windows XP. I ordered it from an online shoe store as it was the only company I could find that offered the Windows preloaded, which was odddd. So, it came and it's great! It's very small and weighs barely over 2 lbs, so it'll easily travel in a purse. It's shockproof too, so it has less chance of being destroyed. The only downside is there is only enough room for one hand on the keyboard, but that was anticipated.

 

2 comments:

Alison Young said...

you got your computer from an online shoe store?
uh okay.

Hannah said...

yes I did!
zappos